General Eye Exams
Your eyesight is a precious gift, and we want to help you preserve it for a lifetime. At Schein Ernst Mishra Eye, we provide comprehensive eye care services to monitor your eyesight and give you the opportunity to be proactive about changes in your vision – even if you don’t realize there is a problem. Early detection of vision problems is often vital to helping preserve your eyesight. All exams at our Harrisburg and Lemoyne offices are performed by skilled technicians and doctors.
Common Eye Exam Tests
- Careful measurement of your glasses prescription
- Pupil exam and eye movement tests to detect neurological diseases
- Eye pressure measurement to identify glaucoma
- Eye health using a silt-lamp
- Visual acuity to measure the definition of your vision
- Pupil dilation and examination of the eye’s lens, retina and optic nerve to detect disease
Eye Exam Schedule
For patients with healthy eyes, the following comprehensive eye exam schedule is recommended:
- School age children (ages 4-5): before starting school and then checkups every few years based on any eye problems detected or vision screening results (in addition to vision screenings at school)
- Adults (18+): every 1-2 years
- Seniors (65+): yearly
Eye Exams for Overall Health
Your eye doctor can also identify underlying health problems just by looking at your eye health. In some cases conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and other medical conditions can be identified during regular eye exams.
Don’t wait to schedule an eye exam until you or your loved one is experiencing vision difficulties. Contact us today to schedule an eye exam in Harrisburg.