Laser vision correction technology is truly amazing. By reshaping extremely small and precise areas of corneal tissue with an excimer laser, light entering your eye can land more directly onto your retina for clearer vision.
At Schein Ernst Mishra Eye, we demand the very best for our patients. That’s why we are continually researching and implementing new technologies for LASIK and other procedures. We have invested in the following advanced LASIK technologies that provide amazingly clear vision results for many patients:
- iDESIGN® Refractive Studio for truly customized LASIK vision correction
- VICTUS® Femtosecond Laser Platform for the first step in the LASIK procedure: the corneal flap
- VISX STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser System for corneal reshaping
iDESIGN® Refractive Studio for LASIK
Our commitment to advanced treatments encouraged us to be the very first LASIK center in Harrisburg to invest in the iDESIGN technology. Our customized LASIK vision correction process uses this advanced technology to measure the shape of your eyes with microscopic precision, create maps of those measurements and produce a very accurate blueprint of your eyes.
The iDESIGN® Refractive Studio is the first and only topography-integrated, wavefront-guided LASIK technology available. Our doctors are able to create a truly customized treatment plan for your unique eyes based on the information gathered from this revolutionary system. Your eyes are measured inside and out using:
- Wavefront analysis to measure your optical pathway inside your eye
- Corneal topography to measure the surface of your eye
The high-definition, 3D scan that is generated of your eye is 25 times more precise than traditional methods of measuring. In just 3 seconds, the system captures over 1,200 data points including:
- Cornea shape and curvature
- Pupil diameter
- Light movement through the eye
The measurements gathered help guide our excimer laser during the actual cornea reshaping process so we can help patients achieve the very best vision results possible.
VICTUS® Femtosecond Laser Platform
The VICTUS femtosecond laser is what makes our LASIK process 100% blade-free. Our doctors use this laser to create the corneal flap, the first step of LASIK. Rather than using a manual blade, the laser emits very short optical pulses to make extremely precise incisions.
VISX STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser System
We use the VISX STAR S4 IR® excimer laser system to reshape your cornea according to your unique refractive error. We take time to fully explain how this technology works and why it is considered one of the most advanced laser technology platforms on the market today. Here is a general overview of the benefits:
- Personalized, precise treatment: the VISX STAR S4 IR laser system uses digital 3D information about your own unique eye characteristics gathered during iDESIGN Wavefront analysis measurements to correct specific areas on your cornea.
- Safety – Iris Recognition (IR): eye tracking technology is incorporated to compensate for any involuntary eye movements which halt the process entirely until the eye is in the correct position.
- Quickness and comfort: the process takes just minutes to complete so the process is comfortable for most patients.
- Results: patients often achieve better vision after treatment than what they had wearing glasses or contact lenses. This is because the system creates a fingerprint of your cornea so incredibly detailed information can be used for specific corneal reshaping.
Not all LASIK doctors in Harrisburg, PA, offer this vast level of LASIK technologies. If you are considering LASIK, make sure you do your research and learn about the different types of FDA-approved LASIK technologies that exist so you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you. Scheduling a no-obligation, free LASIK Consultation with us today to find out if our LASIK technologies are right for you.