Alternative to LASIK: Visian ICL
Implantable Collamer Lenses (ICL) are a good alternative for people who are not suitable for refractive procedures such as LASIK because of:
- Moderate to severe nearsightedness
- Thin corneas or other corneal problems
- History of dry eye
- Large pupils
At Schein Ernst Mishra Eye, we offer patients the Visian® ICL in Harrisburg as an excellent alternative to LASIK to treat a wide range of refractive errors (nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism).
How the Visian ICL Works
Made from biocompatible Collamer®, this lens is implanted between your iris and natural lens through tiny corneal incisions. The lens allows light entering the eye to focus on the retina for clear vision. Even though the lens will be invisible to others, it can make your vision sharper and more vivid. Some patients will see more clearly immediately after the procedure is performed.
Benefits of Visian ICL
- Collamer lens material works in harmony with your eye’s natural chemistry
- Less chance of dry eye
- Provides a layer of UV protection for your eyes
- Permanent, yet removable option for vision improvement
- Procedure takes just 20-30 minutes
- Results are often immediate
- Lens is unnoticeable to others
The procedure itself typically causes very little discomfort and no pain for most patients because the eye is numbed with a topical or local anesthetic prior to the procedure. It is performed in our office as an outpatient procedure.
If you are between the ages of 21 and 45 and want to learn more about Visian ICLs, call our offices to schedule a free LASIK Consultation.